Magnet rings are utilized across a variety of industrial power transmission applications, including hydraulic pumps, steering systems, and more. These essential components are available in various magnetic pitch options to meet a wide range of speed and position-sensing needs. Learn more about the advantages of industrial magnet rings as well as their common applications.
Industrial Magnet Ring Benefits
Industrial magnet rings offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Durable. Made with a high-quality stainless steel outer shield and a strontium ferrite magnet bonded with nitrile rubber, Temper Corporation’s Speed Sense™ Magnet rings are built to last. They are also not brittle or hard, meaning they won’t break or chip on impact.
- Low Profile. They're slim but strong, giving them the versatility required to meet the needs of varied applications.
- Withstands Harsh Operating Environments. Magnet rings will encounter vibration, shock, corrosion, pressure, extreme temperatures, and other harsh operating conditions. Built for resilience, they're resistant to shock and vibration and can manage temperatures as high as 250° F.
- Reliable. Our industrial magnet rings are highly magnetized through their entire thickness, offering reliable performance for a range of applications.
- Sensor Integration. They're compatible with various magnetic sensors, including Hall effect, reed switches, and magneto resistive switches.
- Safety. Magnet rings provide enhanced safety in a variety of position and speed control applications.
At Temper Corporation, our Speed Sense™ Magnet Rings are available in low to high multi-pole resolutions and offer simplified press-fit installation onto hubs and shafts. They feature a high coercive field at 186 KA/m and high signal accuracy and resolution with polar widths designable down to 0.06". We offer a polarization process for incremental applications (like relative position and rotational speed), as well as absolute multi-track applications (including absolute angular position, and rotational speed).
Magnet Ring Industrial Applications
Magnet rings are valued for their versatility. Our magnet rings are customizable in terms of ring size, pole spacing, and more to fit the needs of virtually any industrial application. They are particularly ideal for counting, direction and speed sensing, speed control, incremental encoders, and more.
Specific applications include:
- Elevator Systems
- Heavy Equipment
- Hydraulic Equipment
- Industrial-Grade Magnetic Sensors
- Power Transmission Systems
- Medical Equipment
Industrial Magnet Rings from Temper Corporation
Magnet rings offer a wide range of benefits for various industrial needs, ranging from elevator systems and forklifts to medical equipment and power transmission systems. Since 1969, our team of specialized engineers and manufacturing professionals has been solving the most complex industrial challenges with magnet rings, load rings, high-temperature metal seals, and more. With our versatile Speed Sense™ Magnet Rings, we offer an adaptable solution for nearly any industrial application.
As an ISO 9001:2015 registered company, we're committed to high-quality products and services. We maintain state-of-the-art equipment and the latest manufacturing technology to ensure we can produce the best solutions for our clients around the world. For more information, or to get started on your custom industrial magnet ring solution, contact us today.