Temper Companies is seeking two experienced CNC machine operators to join our team.
This position is a high-volume production job, with an emphasis on part production
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to set up and edit CNC machines preferred but not required
- General knowledge of precision measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers required
- Lathe experience is a plus
- Knowledge of M & G codes a plus
- Stable work history.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Reliable Transportation required
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening required
Also seeking a Quality Control Technician.
The ideal candidate will provide quality control and assurance of products to meet specifications and quality requirements. They will also provide support to the Quality Manager for the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Management system. This is a high volume and fast paced position in a climate-controlled facility.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Performing first piece, interim and final quality inspection of finished products in accordance with established procedures.
- Participating in new product development to ensure proper quality assurance and control plans can be implemented prior to beginning production.
- Completing quality surveys received from current or potential customers.
- Assisting the Quality Manager with all matters relating to quality of produced goods.
- Reporting and tracking any significant deviations from quality standards and recommending corrective action to appropriate management.
- Reviewing production process for conformance to quality standards.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the calibration system.
- Communicating with the Production Manager to schedule, track and conduct first piece, interim and final inspections.
- Inspecting incoming raw material as they are received.
- Reporting any unusual discrepancies or problems promptly to management.
- Suggesting new testing or inspection methods to minimize inspection efforts required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years quality control experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel required
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints required
- Ability to use and read calipers and micrometers required
- Experience with pi tapes helpful
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Both positions: Full Time/ Permanent position. Hours are 5:00am to 2:30 pm, M-Th and 5:00am - 9:00am Fri, with occasional overtime required. Training will be provided.
Temper is a well-established and progressive firm with state-of-the-art machinery, and a modern, clean, climate-controlled environment
Medical/Dental/Vision/Accident Insurances are available after trial period with substantial employer contribution. SIMPLE IRA with 3% match available after trial period. Cooperative team interaction is very essential to this position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Attn: Director of Administration
544 Persse Road
Fonda, NY 12068